Friday 25 April 2014

Hexi update : )

I've been happily hexi-ing away here.
That sounds nice doesn't it, as if it's almost a transcendental state to be in lol
Well maybe it is, since I do find hexi making and stitching, to be very relaxing.
My planned idea for my bed cover using batik hexis, with white on white fabrics is evolving, so I'm just going to see how it plays out with whichever fabrics I choose to use.
The central area is done and I am gathering some hexi soupcon shapes to play along with.
 
I'm using 5 different white on white patterns, so you won't see the real interest in the white fabric on the photo, but the white outer path is in one pattern design and the central hexi's are a mix of two other designs.
 
 
Hard to believe its almost the end of april but the bonus is that the
May Hexi BOM will be due soon : )

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These hexies are so pretty! I can't wait to see this one grow up into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love batik fabrics and have quite a collection of them...your quilt will be so beautiful when you finish it...are you working from the center outwards?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red ones make me think of peppermint candies at Christmastime! I don't like peppermint, but I do like your hexxie patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexies. I'm crocheting hexies to make a bag at the moment. Its a new technique for me so no photos until they are perfect! Are you still travelling?

    ReplyDelete