Monday 13 January 2014

Abit of crochet and a win for me ~ yeahh

 
I've been doing a bit of crochet, well you know I said I was going to have to 'do' whatever was in the first bag or box I unearthed?
Well, the bag of acrylic wool fell out of the store area first when I was desperate for something to do with my hands lol
 
The house is coming on slowly and I love it, but I won't get the stash sorted properly until all the ground floor is done, since part of the alcove area off my dining room, is to be the sewing machine 'room' and I will be able to store some of the stash in there.
 
So I started to crochet a bit although I'd wanted to make more fabric hexi's, but I have no idea where the stitched together piece is I'd already started!
 
  
This is my elderly Fergus who has settled well into his new home you'll notice lol
 
Before Christmas in a Blog Hop, I entered a draw on Marijas blog
 
 
and was lucky enough to be one of the winners.
The Christmas post meant my win only arrived last week but this was like a lovely late Christmas presie!
Lucky me, thanks so much Marija : )
Do pop over and browse her blog ~
 

 
When I've read the book I'll report back on that too lol
 
Now this arriving, reminded me that I hadn't mentioned another win I was lucky enough to receive from
 
Pam Harris of Gingerbread Snowflakes
when she was hosting, a
"Five Year Blog-bash Giveaway Celebration"
 Again I was one of several winners but this arrived in the midst of my moving to and fro which is why it's slipped my mind to mention it here.
It's a very thorough introduction to making animals and includes plenty of patterns.
 
 
 
As soon as I find the right fabrics in my stash, grandson Jack has already told me which animals he "needs" lol
 
Again, do pop over to Pam's blog, she calls herself a dabbler but frankly, there's so much on her blog to amuse and interest you
and she 'dabbles' with real style!
 
 
If these things normally happen in 3's .........
well, perhaps my post code lottery will come up next!
 

3 comments:

  1. ha, yes, i was going to say you're on a roll. who knows what will come knocking next. it's a wonderful way to start the new year. glad to hear you're settling into your new place. granny squares are always fun to do and pink is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great winnings, and deserved too! As for things coming in 3's, perhaps the long-in-transit parcel I sent off to you will trundle it's way to your door at some point in the next month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Lyn, you should buy some lottery tickets as soon as possible! ;) I really like how you're crocheting different-sized components together, very nice.

    ReplyDelete