Sunday 13 October 2013

I've been stripping!

Okay, wallpaper that is ... because yes, I finally have the keys to my new place - yeahhhhh!
Normality is on my horizon at last : )

However, there's a lot of wallpaper stripping, a bit of re-plastering, a kitchen and bathroom removal and refitting, painting and shifting of the boiler to be done, so not a quick fix.
But the plan is for me to camp there in a week or so whilst we do what we can, when we can.
My son is doing the harder graft for me and my daughter has so far, stripped out the major part of the kitchen bless her!

I am going to need to get my furniture out of storage sooner, rather than later so will have to get the house somewhere near enough habitable and of course my dog and 2 cats are 'on holiday' so they too need to come to the new home, its been 3+ weeks away already for them.

Anyways, I will be back on here in no time, so please don't write me off just yet lol
I've finally got internet connection back too now so at last able to cruise blogs and catch up on what your all up to : )

Happy days are coming - along with our blessed Winter!

5 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that you're on your way to being settled in. sounds like lots of work but you'll be so happy when it's all done. wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh - the excitement...and the hours of work....ahead of you. It will be a labour of love though, because it's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things go smoothly for you and that you are very happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting your place sorted out. I'm glad you got there in the end! Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! I've been out of touch for a while and look at all that has been going on in your life! Get that stripping done, Gypsy Rose Lee. :3

    ReplyDelete