Monday 25 March 2013

Framed watercolour, baby shower and vinatge bits


Ive just picked this up from the framers and am thrilled with it.
The watercolour picture itself was a gift to me from my pal Mary who was over from Perth, Au recently.
Bless your heart Mary!!

When I showed you the pretty handkerchief pocket
( and 'HAFKS' does seem to be an english shortform word for handkerchiefs, thanks to Jean for that info!)
I mentioned the car boot stall holder had said ............. you can have the lot for 50p
........ well these are the other bits, washed and ironed.



There's a long table runner with the two ends having deep lace edgings, which I think I will stitch onto a couple of odd vintage floral pillow cases I have.
Then two little tray cloths, both simply embroidered .... one quite charming with budgies on.
I think the tray cloths might make nice little features on cushion covers but all in all, not bad for 50p lol



I've just rehung my Mister Finch swallow and butterfly, I count myself very lucky to have bought these early on and for incredibly reasonable prices back then.
Mister Finch has gone from strength to strength and produces the most amazing creatures.
If you havent seen his work do pop across and visit him.
 http://mynameisfinch.blogspot.co.uk/

Yesterday was my daughters baby shower and we had a meal out at Ask in Hull - yummy yummy - and this was a gift from one Tylah's talented friends Summer.

Summer made cake 'balls' on sticks for Tylah's wedding and here you can see she made us each either a cup cake or a push up cake ( in the foreground), as well as the fun baby bath cake for Tylah to take home.



I didn't manage to go on the coach trip to the NEC shows afterall ......... the IBS flared up so I stayed home. : (
But Jean did go and you can see some of the things that took her fancy over on her blog, so do nip over and see the links and photos she's posted.

I love the hexi's she saw there, where the focus is on the inserts within them, so the back is the interesting feature and not the fabric fronts.
Inserts are all cut from cartons from drinks consumed whilst travelling ................. clever that!
jeansmuse@blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. nice lace and embroidered bits, and that party looks quite festive with those unusual pink and white treats. sorry you didn't get to go on your little trip. i'm off to Jean's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you have two Mr Finch pieces.Well done for spotting them before the price hike. I would love one of his hares but they are out of my budget. On the other hand I do appreciate a good 50p bargain.

    ReplyDelete