Friday 3 February 2012

VC10 and a book to read!


A touch of nostalgia here, this is my most favourite (then RAF) VC10 aircraft, the one I would load with passengers and/or freight, then fly on as aircrew, worldwide.
She took me, (she and the other several airframes,) to parties across the world and to amazingly interesting places.
I miss her to this day........
I also miss the younger, bonnier, slim, me that flew in her!
This photo above, was the last VC10 out of RAF Gan, now the popular but expensive Maldive Islands, the ultimate luxury escapist holiday destination surely.
And to think I swam in the waters there, snorkled, featured on a radio show for the unaccompanied lads there and got the very best tan, ever, from anywhere, there!
Blimey...how times change in ones lifetime lol


..... And how lucky am I, above is my giveaway win from Riel Mason whose blog is at http://quispamsisquilter.blogspot.com/ , which is well worth a look! Do go visit.
You'll notice that the book is written by Riel herself, it's her first published novel and I can't wait to start reading it. She's also included some lovely fabrics that I can fussy cut to use in an I Spy quilt. Riel  has made some wonderful quilts on the I Spy theme, well worth a look at.
Thank you so much Riel!

1 comment: